1. If you resume some old unhealthy habits, focus on getting back into your program.
2. Let your instincts act as a guide for determining how and when to shift gears.
3. Don't use societal standards as a basis for setting your goals.
4. Resist the urge to compete and compare. Learn from others, but remember you're unique.
5. Set “mini–goals” you can reach in a few days or weeks.
6. Stop to celebrate every success before you set any more goals.
7. Replace all negative statements and thoughts like “I'm not” or “I can't” with ones such as “I am” and “I can.”
8. You may fall off your diet and exercise program now and then, so prepare to climb ‘back on your horse'.
Webinar: Diet Myths
Did you ever wonder why diets don't seem to work? That even when you lose weight it seems to come back, maybe with a few extra pounds?
This webinar explores the biology and research behind our bodies' resistance to weight loss, our obsession as a culture with body size, and some ideas about letting go of the numbers on the scale and focusing on health as opposed to size.
Date: Tuesday, May 24, 2016
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM (PST)