• Seek to understand, before seeking to be understood.
• Avoid rushing to judgements.
• Show tolerance and respect.
• Lead with empathy. Use compassion and a collective sense of humanity to acknowledge each other’s feelings and opinions.
• Practice mindful self-awareness and recognize when your own biases are influencing what you are thinking, feeling, and doing.
• Avoid “us” and “them” thinking.
• Be sensitive to religious, cultural, racial, identity, and social backgrounds of coworkers.
• Avoid slang or jokes that are offensive.
We hope these tips are useful. However, if you are struggling with your interactions with coworkers, consider contacting Cascade for free and confidential support.