Cascade EAP serves as a consultant, assisting you to stay focused on performance issues. At the same time, the EAP can work with the employee to overcome obstacles that may be impeding their job performance.
Some common questions managers have brought to the EAP:
• An employee has been having performance problems and I have tried everything, what do I do now?
• An employee has shared information with me about a personal problem. How can I stay out of their personal life and still be helpful?
• How do I respond to the employee who blames poor job performance on personal problems?
• My employee demonstrates performance problems and acknowledges there is a personal problem, but claims it is only temporary, and prefers to take care of it alone. Should I involve the EAP?
• The employee claims there is ”no problem” and responds in an angry manner. How do I respond to their anger or intimidating behavior?
How do I access the EAP?
Managers may access immediate and confidential telephone consultation by calling 1–800–433–2320 (between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm PST). Just request to speak to a counselor for a management consultation. You will be immediately connected. It is that easy.
If you have an emergency that comes up after hours you can access someone from our team 24 hours a day.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding your staff, their performance and how the EAP can make your job easier.
Cascade Employee Assistance Program